CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Georgia Trip

Thursday morning was our flight to Georgia. With our luck (or lack of) the plane was boarded and we sat there for over an hour...and then had to "de-board" the plane for maintanance. Our flight was 3 hours late in departing!!! It was okay, though. We just hung out and relaxed.



Waiting in the airport. Laz slept until we boarded the plane (for the second time) and then was awake the whole flight...of course. However, he was wonderful and did not fuss a bit!









Hi Daddy!!! We were not able to sit together (sniff sniff) but we were close by.










Nate picked us up at the airport...so sorry we ruined his half day off by being 3 hours late!!! This is Nate and Court's new SUV....soooo nice!


We all went to Woodstock to eat at the Kani House (Japanese Hibatchi) and Josiah's mom Stephanie watched Laz for us. Nate, Court, Josiah and I had a wonderful time...and the food was AMAZING.






COUSINS!!!! Lazarus Jude and Hannah Grace.
Actually, we had numerous people say they look alike...what do you think???






So sweet!!! :)




On Friday Court and Tiff began the day by making the rounds at a few garage sales. FUN!!!
After that we got ready and went to La Parrillas for lunch.
YUMMMMM-O.
We met several of our good friends there to hang out and chat.








Court and Hannah






Everyone!!! Thanks to my dear friends Tracy (and her kids Corbin, Tristian and Leila), Tim and Audrey, Mark, Jon, Noelle and Fin, Kerri, Diana, Nate, Courtney and Hannah for coming out to see us!









All the kids loved playing with Laz!







Everyone enjoyed hanging out and talking..we all had a good time.




After lunch Josiah, Laz and I along with Jon, Noelle, Findlay, Nate, Courtney and Hannah loaded up the cars and headed out to Washington, Georgia. The drive is about 2 and a half hours...but with 3 babies with us it took around 4 hours.





A Chick-Fil-A pit stop. All the sweet hubbys are holding the babes...and Josiah is giving me "the look" for making them take a picture! Sorry honey!!! :)







Here you will find a short independent film by Tiffany...her first film of this nature.
A 3 hour car ride with 3 babes...by definition, a good time. (or self inflicted torture...whatever floats your boat.)










As soon as we got to Washington we had to go out and meet the horses!








Jon and Noelle's home in Georgia. They live on several hundred acres in Washington...a beautiful little town east of Athens. This place is simply breathtaking. I know this picture looks like a postcard-but I took it! It really is this lovely.
The home was built in the 1790's and is FULL of stunning antiques, furniture and original pieces.









Hannah loved Charlie!









The big front porch...a wonderful place to hang out and play. Hannah loved running around on it.










Jon holding Fin.








Morning. Coffee. Front porch. Rocking chairs and porch swings. Family. Wonderful friends.
AAAHHH.
This is the life!
We should all quit our jobs, move out to Washington and live on their front porch.










Hannah loved sitting in the hopped up Georgia Bulldog golf cart.











Hannah loved Uncle Josiah!!!









The Washington farmers market. It was so quaint and cute...in the summer the place is teeming with vendors and local folks. I cannot wait to come back again!










Findlay enjoying his shopping trip.








Laz and Hannah in the slings....and loving it :)










Jon's brother Jay and his kill. He went out and got this wild turkey off their land. Actually it was quite beautiful. I had never seen one up close before. And unfourtunately I will not be there when they partake of this bird. I bet it is yummy!








Josiah and his corn-cobb pipe. I made him shower, put on cologne and gargle before I would come near him again.








While the boys were smoking their peace pipes...the girls were in the hot tub! It was heavenly :)










Noelle, Courtney and Laz






Nate and Laz. Two handsome boys :)






Tiff and Hannah







Jenn Bailey, Noelle and Tiff






Noelle and Tiffany






Noelle's garden!!! I am coming back out to visit when everything is ready to harvest...YUMM-O.






Josiah is putting the electric fence back up...yikes! Be careful honey!







Laz being adorable...of course.






IKEA.
Need I say more???
Yes.
I have never been to the store...I was an IKEA virgin. No longer!!! I was in absolute shock as I was walking through the store...it was almost the most fun I have ever had.
Noelle and I filled these bags...well, almost. Remember I am now a Dave Ramsey freak, so I noted that this store must be Dave's greatest nightmare...and I bought some stuff. Cheap stuff we needed and could afford. I was SO GOOD.
Until my next trip there.
I will need a U-Haul truck.









The babies chilin while the mommies shopped.







This is the warehouse!!!!!!!!!
AAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Far to soon, the trip was over. We got home late Monday night and the boys were very happy to see us...and we had missed them terribly as well! Next time we MUST take all the kids!!!

8 comments:

amy v said...

That looked like the trip of a lifetime! What great pics too :). I'm so glad you guys had such a great time. I thought Noelle and Jon had moved to Dallas???? Their house is gorgeous!!! What a great life.

Tiffany said...

they moved back to ga this past fall.......they are country folks at heart, so dallas was not their stomping ground :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful time you had!! What a blessing to see so many friends and family too. I have never been to Ikea either... I know I will be addicted if I ever go near one. Thankfully, there are none in our area (closest one in Orlando, I think) I must say I am jealous of you getting to see Audrey!! I miss her so!

amy v said...

Hey Tiff...come visit me again after the baby is born :)...we have an Ikea in Austin!!!

Audrey B said...

It was so great to see you and finally get to meet Noelle! I absolutely love their home. I think we'll go move in on their front porch! Oh and Ikea!! My heaven on earth. We have SOOOOOO much stuff from there. I love it!!

Tiffany said...

Yes, Tiffany and Ikea are not a good mix...unless Tiffany has cash :)
My next trip there will involve many hours and a moving truck.

Janie said...

OMG! Your hair is brown and your Mother's is BLONDE!!!!!!!

Tiffany said...

yeah, the "natural" color of mine (and my moms had a little help!)