CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Birth is........

My dear midwife, Claudia, has a message board on Yahoo with all her clients. We love taking with her anytime we want as well as having a wonderful group of women as support, encouragement and advise.

Claudia asked a simple question of us...to finish this sentence:

"Birth is........"

So far the responses have been so wonderful, I had to share!!! As more come in I will add them in the comment section.


"Birth is….

Normal.
Natural.
Safe.
Like many things, location DOES matter.
Mysterious.
Everywhere all the time.
The beginning.
Painful.
Life.
Connects us.
Controversial.
Strange.
Adventure.
Confidence inducing.
Life changing.
A right.
A privilege.
Not to be feared.
Amazing.
Empowering.
Epic.
A journey.
Defines womanhood.
To be enjoyed.
Emotional.
Not to be missed!"

9 comments:

Natalie Pullen said...

not yet experienced!

Tiffany said...

....but will be one day...and is something to look forward to :)

Tiffany said...

...something my body was made to do.

Audrey B said...

Beautiful
Srengthens a marriage

amy v said...

I love southern mama's comment...definitely strengthens marriage!

Birth is...
placing complete faith in a perfect and sovereign Heavenly Father!

Tiffany said...

I also like what this mom said,




"my emotional and physical connection to women of all generations,
past, present and future, regardless of the nature of their birthing
practice.

Homebirth is the ultimate in self esteem and confidence building classes!
(How many women do you know who feel they can take the world by the
horns after HB?)"

Tiffany said...

more feedback.

Birth is...



...crazy beautiful.

...the most empowering moment of my life.

Christine said...

I agree completely, Tiffany. I am a changed woman, since my homebirth. I used to doubt myself a lot, but I have a ton of confidence, now. That is why I try to encourage other women to birth naturally; they can learn so much about themselves, through birthing!Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiffany,
I sent a few more statements to Claudia (not through the group).

Birth is pure elation.
Birth is euphoric.
Birth is beautiful.
Birth is faith-building.
Birth is to be experienced.

Jill