CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Birth is....continued....

Here is a reply that I felt needed to be shared! Every mom should feel this way after having their baby :)






"Birth is one of the greatest gifts in a woman's life :)


The only sad thing about a homebirth experience is when it's over. When you work with a homebirth midwife
they offer you so much valuable time. They spend hours with you for prenatal visits listening, loving and supporting you in such a caring way. They become such a friend and great inspiration. They let you lead your own journey into motherhood and respect and honor you the whole way. Homebirth midwives take nothing away from your experience, only make it so much greater! After the hours of labor and hard work birthing your baby, you think, WOW I did it!!! You feel so lucky to have had your midwives there guiding you through this experience in your own way and in your own space. You look into the eyes of your midwives with nothing but complete joy and thankfulness. They did not deliver your baby, they did not have power over you, they let you have your baby in the most sacred and personal way. They hold a safe place , keep their wise watchful eyes open, hold their educated hands ready at an arms length a way, and keep you grounded with comfort and validation. Your homebirth midwife will never leave your side, yet give you all the space that you need. When you think back about the birth of your child it's one of the greatest days of your life. You feel so proud of your midwives for being there and you truly miss them like family when it all over. It makes you truly feel so sad for all the women that tell horror stories of their births in hospitals. There isn't one horrible thing I could even come up with about my homebirth, and I know how lucky I am for that experience. I truly thank God for the strong and courageous work of these homebirth midwives. They truly make a difference in this world for so many generations! I whole heart-idly feel every woman should be allowed the experience to birth their babies in the way that homebirth midwives allow you too! It's such a blessing!"

Love and miss you guys!!
Krista

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to copy that (and site your blog) and email it to one of my midwives. I know she will be blessed by it. Thanks for sharing!! I can't wait to join the chorus of moms singing the praises of homebirth midwives. Only 3-7 weeks (oh good Lord let it be closer to 3) before I join the ranks of the women who have felt the power of our bodies doing what God intended them to do in my very own home in bringing our sweet girl into the world!

Tiffany said...

i am so excited for you!!! :) you must keep me posted....