CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

First Church of Oprah

I saw an interesting video today.

Linked below, it is a video speaking of Oprah's new "church" or belief system..a feeling, if you will (her words...perhaps her feelings do not change from day to day?)

Personally I am just not surprised. She is an icon and millions of people tune into her show(s) daily to see what Oprah thinks. I have always taken issue with her stance on "self" and have written a few little snippet's in the past years on this blog about it...and received quite a bit of negative feedback because of my unpopular words. Nevertheless, I will continue to stand against her beliefs and what she is pushing to millions of people every day.
It boils down to this:
Oprah is leading millions down the wide path to destruction...tickling their ears all the way, making them feel good about themselves and their sin. From a Biblical perspective she is a false teacher and someone needs to expose her teachings as new ageism.
The narrator of the video (I am not sure who it is or who put it out) says a few things that I do not fully agree with...and it seems as though he left out some pertainate information...however, it is a good start at sheading the light on what Oprah is about.
And there is mention of a political candidate as well that Oprah endorses. A lot can be gleamed from the fact that Oprah supports him. I don't think this video is supposed to be political, but it does mention this fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW4LLwkgmqA


So let me know what you think!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is something! The scariest part is that she has so much influence around the world and with the person who might be our next President!! We as Christians need to open our eyes to this and to the dangers this stuff poses to our country, our kids... oh my, this is really scary!
Thanks for sharing this!

Jo said...

I have been following your blog for a while now, and I must say that the Church of Oprah is scary. Once, at a women's bible study, I stated that Oprah is doing more harm than good to our faith, and these women went crazy on me! Like I was talking trash about their family. So sad.

Tiffany said...

Jo,
Yeah, I have gotten the same response when I talk trash about Oprah. I really think that it stems from the church not teaching what the bible says in regards to our lives, actions, words, and doctrines...if the church DID teach these things, then Christians would hear what she says and immediately know something is "off". Instead, what happens is that no one knows RIGHT and so when they hear a sweet person say sweet things they believe it wholeheartedly and do not want to question the validity of the words.

Anonymous said...

I, like you, am not surprised either. The sad part of it all is that many Christians (my MIL is one of them) will still watch her show and think they can be selective about what they hear her say... if she is wrong on this one, most important thing, then I say, turn her off completely. It doesn't matter how many cars or things she gives away.... that's not going to matter in eternity if she gets to the judgement seat and Christ says "Depart, I never knew you." The fact that millions of "Christians" are still letting her words (even if they choose not to believe them) seep into their daily lives is like eating "just a little bit of dog poop" in their meatloaf... after a while, you can eat a lot more dog poop and not even notice the smell.

Thanks for posting this.

Unknown said...

Just curious....what is she saying or doing that is so bad? I only ask bc. my life has been too busy to watch her or follow her in years...just wondering??

Tiffany said...

Krystal,

Basically her denying Christ and her leading people to a worship of self (which is totally anti-God)...along with the new age philosophies and practices that are against scripture.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiffany-
I want to thank you for making me aware of this. I knwe that Oprah was as lost as an Easter egg, bur had no idea she was leading people down a road that leads to destruction, and ultimately eternal damnation. I'm sure to some this seems harsh to write . . .some are probably thinking, "You don't know . . .". But, I do know. Jesus says,"I am the way, the truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Therefore, there is no way to get to God on our own, or by worshiping ourselves. I'm so sad. Oprah is such a nice person. It breaks my heart to see her leading so many astray, and going with them. I'm praying for her. I pray that God will show her who He really is. Wouldn't it be cool if she saw Crist for who He is, and told her followers that she was wrong? Wow, it could be a revival!

RCE