CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 28, 2008

Science and Pink

My older three sons go to a homeschool enrichment day once a week at a nearby church...and they LOVE it. This week they had to participate in their first ever science fair! Now, keep in mind that this mom does NOT like science very much (unless it is health/body science) and so it is nice to have a class where they can do fun science things...cause they ain't gettin' it at home.




My sweet Ethan! He did very well during his presentation. His project was on the effect of cigarette smoke on the lungs. We did some experiments using candle smoke and match smoke on a white towel. We also got some pictures of a normal healthy lung vs. lungs with cancer and emphysema. NASTY is all I have to say.



My Kell Mell. Poor little guy! He was SO nervous about public speaking that he was in the bathroom prior to his presentation about to throw up. (obviously he does NOT take after me...the gal who could talk a hind leg off a mule)He woke up this morning "sick" and wanting to stay home...crying, BEGGING me to stay home.
He told me later that he was shaking so bad while he was presenting that the kids in the front rows could see him...aaawww!!!!!
His project was on osmosis...we swabbed the inside of balloons with onion, garlic and tuna to see if we could smell it through the balloon membrane. We could! It was a great way to explain osmosis to kids.
Kellen ended up doing FANTASTIC and I am so proud of him!!!!! His science teacher was very happy with both the presentations and had never seen those experiments before.



Laz is going to look funny in this outfit, hu? HA! I got it for my little Hannah. I am going to see her in 1 week and 6 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But who is counting?!

I hope to see all my Georgia peeps there :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I left a comment earlier about your home school material. We are Christians as well and I love to hear how other Christian moms home school and run their homes :) What do you use to teach your children to read? Does Verita have one? Thank you,
Annika

Tiffany said...

Veritas has the Phonics Museum which is FABULOUS for teaching kids to read. I got the combo kit for K-1st grade.