CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 21, 2008

Best Shopping Day EVER


All this for....ONE dollar?! Yeah baby!




Ummm....the "Home Grown" baby stuff just captured me with it's all natural cuteness. Maybe I overdid it.






So yeah, I love to shop. No surprise there. Retail therapy is highly under rated.

What REALLY gets me going is when I find good deals. I feel....powerful, like somehow I am beating the system...that "they" couldn't rob me blind this time.

Yesterday I went to Macy's to exchange some Easter shirts that GGmom got the boys. I returned 3 shirts (got a $37 store credit) and went to look for other sizes. The sales were fantastic! Example: 50% off...take and EXTRA 40% off and an EXTRA 15% off if you use your Macy's card. Basically they are paying ME to take these clothes home.

I came up to the register with 7 shirts, a sleeper for Laz and an outfit for Laz.

I still had $7 left of the store credit.

SCORE.

Then I headed to the Gap...a wonderland of suburbia attire. I had a $25 store credit to spend and I wanted to find something cute to wear Easter. Well, since I am a fat cow still from baby #5 I found nothing that would compliment my figure in any way. What to do? Head to the baby department, of course!!!

I grabbed several outfits and onesies and went to the register to see what added up to $25. (I am broke and did not want to spend any "real" money)
The outfit I so desperately wanted was just to expensive...$30. No way I am going to spend that much on one outfit for one kid that he will wear for another 2 months or so.
I ended up putting a dollar towards the 2 outfits and 1 onesie that I bought...and told the sales lady to TAKE AWAY the cute little outfit I loved..."Take it far, far away"!!! I said. (all the while trying to scheme how I could possibly get it...credit? No. Future paycheck? Unlikely).
I was finished checking out...my heart aching from the pain of leaving this adorable little outfit behind. I was asking the lady how long they would hold it for me (after asking her to hide it and she refusing me)and the lady behind me (with about $500 worth of SHORTS for her kid) stepped up and said, "Here, I will buy it for you".

Now.................I was in NO WAY fishing for a freebie. Did not even cross my mind. There are times when females can get freebies by using our feminine wiles, but this was NOT one of those times.

"Oh no!" I said, truly shocked and humbled by her offer.

"Please. Allow me to get this for your baby! I WANT to...really, it is NOT A BIG DEAL"....the sweet angel from Heaven stated.

After a few moments of her insisting and me refusing, she bought it. $30!!! On a strangers slobbery baby!!! She did not want my thanks, she said she just wanted to do something for me. She would not give me her name (finally I got a weak "Cindy" out of her as she was leaving...after stalking her through the store) she just wanted to be kind.

K-I-N-D-N-E-S-S

There is apparently kindness still in the world!!!!!!!

Anyway, by my obvious blubbering I am still in shock...and so humbled by the generosity of this kind stranger.

3 comments:

Angela said...

So which one is the outfit from the Angel of Kindness, c'mon now, we need to see the cuteness!

amy v said...

What an amazing example of God's love for you Tiff!!! I love these kinds of stories...ones that you can tell you kids about years from now when they are struggling to trust God for something. Also...I'm telling my kiddos about this one...we've been studying kindness for the past 3 weeks and they are just beginning to catch on. I think this will be a neat example for them to hear.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet story... thanks so much for sharing. The Holy Spirit must have been whispering in her ear...