CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

the Home Visit!

Last week was my home visit.

I LOVE the home visit! I solidifies to me that the birth is close...and it helps me get everything ready.

For those who may not know, the home visit is when the midwives come over to the house and do a prenatal. I also have over everyone who is invited to attend the birth and we hang out...eat...chat...ask questions and such. I tell everyone their "job" during the birth so that there is not anyone standing around bored. :)
My midwife comes to my house for prenatal visits anyway, but the home visit is the "deadline" to have everything ready and prepared for the birth...so she can see where everything is and find things easily at 3 a.m. if needed.






Ilise, my midwife, feeling the position of the baby. The boys love watching all the prenatal and hearing the baby's heartbeat.






She asks if she can draw a picture of the baby on my tummy to help the boys picture things........






Here he/she is! :)





Ilise then taught each boy how to feel the back of the baby...the legs...and the feet. They LOVED it!!!!!






Tarin is my future doctor...he loves blood and gore...and loves hearing his heartbeat :) As long as he supports me in my old age....



....Coming soon....pictures of my NEW birthpool. I know, you think I am crazy for being so stoked about a pool...but I am! It is awesome!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am excited about your pool and your visit too!! Mainly because I'll be doing all this same stuff in about 6 months! I can't wait! I took the girls with me to the birth center last week to pick up my paperwork packet and showed them the pool they have there (identical to the one they will bring to the house) and they were like "oh, ok." haha.

that's neat how she drew the pic on your belly! that totally explains things, right??

hehee

i also wanted to ask you - if this is a boy - and i don't even know if you do this or not - but when/who circumsizes them? is that a pediatrician thing? i know i have to take the baby the next day to my ped, but husband brought that other question up recently. of course i can ask my own MW this Friday - but I just thought of asking you first.

take care - and happy birthing!!

Tiffany said...

Wellll........we decided NOT to circumsize after our first son. We can talk about via email...and I have a few suggestions for what to do if you DO decide to circumsize. :)

Nathan White said...

What a cool midwife! The picture was way cool.

Christine said...

How awesome... and having homebirthed, I totally understand the excitement of the 36 week home visit. That is awesome that your midwife does home visits for you, usually. I love how she drew a picture. That is awesome. Are your littles going to be present for the birth?

Unknown said...

Just a little note on the questionable circ....if you do decide to do it (it's not medicaly necessary), just do it after 7-8 days of age. By this time your new babe has enuff vitamin K for clotting(if you opt out of the vit. K shot)....and yes the pedi can usually do it for you.
I'm sure Tiff. already told you all of this...but just in case! :-)

Tiff..i can't wait, (literally!) for your birth story!!!:-) I know it will be amazing! I love the way the midwife drew on you tummy showing the position of the baby for the boys! SO cute! hang in the girl!

Audrey B said...

Tiff, I am so excited for you!! I wish I could be there. SO neat to see the position of the baby like that. It's almost time!!

Aimee said...

Aha!! The picture of the baby FINALLY makes it make sense- all those parts are much easier to visualize now! :)