CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 09, 2008

Another Baby!!!

Michelle Duggar is famous.
Famous for the multitude of children she has.
Back in "the day" this would have been:
A. considered a huge blessing
B. not anything out of the ordinary

But now it is a big news story and a "reality" show on TV (that I do admit to watching).

Michelle is now expecting baby #18, due on New Years! I, for one, am excited for her and see that family as BLESSED.

The Bible says that children are a BLESSING from the Lord. Most people think of a blessing as money, "stuff", etc. and not children. Kids COST money, time, effort, time, money, time and effort. How is this a blessing? Well, when you die (and we all will one day) and you leave behind all your millions (ha) and your nice, new cars and your big ole house...SO WHAT? If you leave behind your children...raised to the glory of God, that is your legacy.
"There is no greater joy that to see my children walking in truth."
So while we may not all have 18 children, I admire this family for doing what they want in spite of the growing cynicism around them.
It also cracks me up how the doctors treat her. Talk about a GRAND multi para of advanced maternal age!!
AH! HIGH RISK! AH! A VBAC! AAAHHHH!!!!
I do find it all quite amusing.
And she has had babies every way available...hospital, home, c-section, natural at the hospital...what a woman!




http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,354694,00.html

3 comments:

Audrey B said...

We watch too. My kids love them. And I do think it's great. Although, I wonder how they can really have quality time with their kids. It seems like the older ones raise the younger ones.

Elaine said...

She's actually had a couple of C-sections, making her a dreaded VBA2C.... her last pregnancy her doc was like "no, you have had 2 cesareans now, you can't VBAC" and her husband Jim Bob actually contacted ICAN looking for support (why they would want to intentionally cripple a mother of 17 children for a few weeks is beyond me....) She did end up finding a doc to "let her" VBA2C and she did great.
Its just ~funny~ (in a not funny-at-all way) that a woman who is so obviously skilled at birthing babies was getting the coercision to repeat cesarean as well.

Tiffany said...

Audrey,
Watch this video (link below) and it shows how the kids "schedule" one-on-one time with mom. At first this made me sad, and them it occured to me that this is a special situation and the mom is doing her best to ensure that she gets good time with all the kids. SO I am happy for them


http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24537885/



Elain,
Wow, I did not know that! :) It seems that her hubby really does take care of her. Good thing! :)