CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Yippie Skippie!!!!

I am a full 20 weeks TODAY!

Half way to meeting my new baby!!!

And the power I feel because I could find out the sex of the baby but am not going to...well, it is great. I really REALLY want to know what the baby is going to be, however, I feel it will "spoil" my surprise at the birth. Besides...you know how it is when you know what you are getting for Christmas? it is fun to get it, but you do not have the great anticipation and excitement on Christmas morning. SO...I am not spoiling my Christmas by knowing ahead of time what the baby will be.
Call me crazy....but I love being surprised :)

OH!!!! I must mention the new bumper sticker I have! Currently I have a "Our Children Were Born At Home" sticker on my car (for the sake of education)...but the NEW one I have is basically to see what reaction I get in the rear view mirror. :) Terrible, I know. And I am not promising to put it on my car because of road rage...but I have it just in case I feel feisty one day. It says,
"DARE to keep babies off drugs...Have a homebirth"
Isn't that hysterical? I thought so :) If only I had the nerve to use it...

I might get the one that says,
"There is a secret in our culture. It is NOT that birth is painful, it IS that women are strong"
I love that quote as well. And perhaps that would get the point across without the sarcasm...and the chance of having my car keyed...


One last thing.....my brother and his wife and BABY GIRL are coming tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am just thrilled! Josiah says I am not allowed to go to the GAP at ALL while she is here...what a terrible Uncle he is...but Hannah need not worry...her Auntie will take care of her. :) :) :)

Gotta go cleannnnnnnnnnnnnnn......................

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so, so glad you're not finding out! I love the surprise too, especially after the complete surprise of a boy last time :)...so, hang in there girly!

Have fun with your fam!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you...and secretly hoping you finally get your little girl!!! It's gotta be so hard though....not finding out! I'd want to be shopping for cute clothes the entire pregnany....but not knowing, would make that hard! There are only so many "neutral colors" you can buy!!

Audrey B said...

I think it's soooooo much better not to know!! Tell Courtney we missed her at bible study!