CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 24, 2006

Sunday....

Sunday was a nice day....and unfortunately, I have ZERO pictures to share! I know...I am a bum...that is the whole point of a blog. However, in my defense, I did not know I was going to such a great place.

The day started with me keeping nursery at church and Josiah staying home with the boys. I came home to a clean house! :) We then went over for a nice lunch at Noy and Dawn's house (my sweet cousins). After pizza and strawberry shortcakes we came home. Josiah went to do some training for his triathlon in August and I put Pres down for a nap. I then got a call from my friend Karen...she wants me to accompany her out somewhere...a surprise!!! I LOVE surprises, so as soon as Josiah got home I left for her house. She took me to a hiking trail I have never seen and we hiked up several miles to this GORGEOUS spot overlooking the city and all the mountains! The sun was setting...it was glorious. I was totally bummed I did not have a camera...but rest assured...I will go there again!!! On the hike down we encountered some mountain bikers we had passed earlier. This time they stopped to chat...which was fine, until we realized they were TOTALLY hitting on us (well, duh, who can blame them...). They were from England so they had that fabulous accent. :) Karen quickly mentioned our 8 KIDS waiting for us at home (my 4 boys and her 4 girls). Suddenly the guys had to be somewhere...fast. It was hysterical!!! A nice and badly needed ego boost for us both.
We then went to Wild Oats, got some dinner and headed back to her house for a movie. She has a home theater (and I mean a REAL theater) in her basement. So we relaxed on the massive leather chairs and watched "The Greatest Game Ever Played"....which happened to be a cute movie!
All in all.....I had a blast. It was a great time to relax, hang out with a friend, and glory in God's beautiful creation.
Pictures....next time :)

0 comments: