CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 17, 2006

Church

While in church all the boys sit with us. Typically they are pretty good, with only minor issues arising. They will follow along in the Bible or color on some paper.

Yesterday in church Tarin had to use the bathroom. We had a seat (a row, really) 3 rows from the front...just our luck. Ethan took Tarin to the restroom. A few minutes later I kept hearing this odd muffled sound from the back of the church....and it kept getting closer. At around the same time I realized it was Tarin, the preacher had to STOP PREACHING because he was so loud. He was crying hysterically, walking down the isle...with Ethan's hand clamped over his mouth (I guess to muffle the sobs??). I grabbed him and held him to try and calm him down, but of course, that made him cry harder. The preacher was seeing if he was okay..in the middle of his sermon...and Tarin was howling like a coyote and holding his thumb. Realizing I could not get him to calm down, I stood up to take him out...at which point he got louder (if at all possible). I bent over to pick him up (he is half as tall as me and weighs about 45 pounds) and practically RAN all the way down the isle and out the back door. He was balling and asking for a band-aid....very loudly.

Apparently he had hurt his thumb in the bathroom when trying to get a paper towel out to dry his hands...and Ethan was going to come get me but Tarin did not want Ethan to leave him.
After church everyone kept asking if he was okay...since the ENTIRE CHURCH heard and saw him.

Yes, he is fine. Just a small scratch on his thumb. Drama.

2 comments:

Audrey B said...

Ok, so I need to know how you get them to sit with you in church.

Tiffany said...

brute force ;)