CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Karen

While In Georgia a few weeks ago (see posts below) I got to hang out with my dear friend Karen. Karen and I grew up together. After meeting at around 10 years of age, we discovered we both were homeschooled...and we both loved to play soccer!!! I was also VERY happy to hear she had 7 brothers and sisters...I loved kids and was always more than happy to help babysit (well, until we got in our teens....by then we were FAR to cool to babysit). Shortly after meeting Karen I was invited to spend the night at her home. I was just mezmorized by all the chaos....I loved it!!! I was, between you and me, jealous of all the hubbub and wished I had another 5-6 little siblings. SO....I decided to tell Karen and her mom that YES, in fact I DID have more siblings. The deal was this: My brother Nathan and I were the only kids to live with my parents because we were just too poor to support all the other 8 KIDS. They lived with various random family members...and sadly, we rarely saw them. (yes, my imagination ran wild at that time in my life....well, it still does at times, I admit). After spinning a rather large web of lies, I finally came clean. There were ONLY 2 kids...me and Nate.


Did I mention that we used to (back in the day) go to Dunkin Donuts EVERY NIGHT for a Boston Cream....to eat it along with our box of Little Debbie's and Ranch Doritos????? (oh, and do not forget the Mento's) AND WE NEVER GAINED A POUND?! Our size 2's fit great the next day....unlike how it would be now....YIKES.


So MANY years later (ummm, not going to divulge that specific info, honey) Karen and I are still friends....after 2 husbands and 7 kids between us! Her family just moved back to Anchorage, Alaska to live the dream :) I cannot wait to go visit!!!!!


Oh, and YES....I did cut off all my hair!!!!



0 comments: