CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Capitol

While I was in the Peach State, the CPM certification bill was in the House ready to be voted on. SO....a ton of homebirthing families and supporters had "Homebirth Day" at the capitol to show our support for the Bill.

Oh....and did I mention that Claudia (my wonderful midwife that has been with me for all 4 boys births...at home), my mommy and myself decided we needed to go see the Governor?! Below is the picture:


Here we are with Gov. Sonny Purdue. We asked him to wear our "Bring Midwives Home" sticker to show his support of the CPM Bill. He even told us that him and his wife almost had their last two kids at home and that his wife always wanted to become a midwife!!! :)




Here we allll are, gathered on the steps of the Capitol (inside) listening to several different speakers...one being my magnificent midwife, Claudia.




It's me, chatting with my friends, Jennifer and Meg.




Little Beatrice had a good time that day....she was so curious! :)




I am checking out Laura's little girl....with my friend Jenn Bailey in the background with her little Emma.




It was SUCH a fun day....full of excitement! :) Oh....and the Bill was passed!!!!!!!!!! Now on to the study committee.....

0 comments: