CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

We had a girl, but we sold her.

The adventure today was a trip to the doctors office to have Kellen's ears cleaned out.


Long story, but it needed to be done. The kid could not hear me tell him to clean  his room. (strangely enough, though, he could hear me tell him to get a cookie...)
Just kidding :)

The whole experience was traumatizing for us all.

For Kell because is was very painful. The ear wax had grown into his eardrum...yeah.

For the other boys because they had to be in there with us and watch. I actually had 4 children crying at the same time...only one of which was in pain...but I found it very sweet that the other boys has such empathy for their brother.

For me because I have never had to hold one of my children down while someone else inflicted pain on them. It was terrible. My kids have never even had a shot so this was a new experience for me.

The doctor, who was very sweet through the host of questions and tried to hide her shock at the answers, "No, Kell has never had a 'well' visit in his 8 1/2 years of life", I think actually enjoyed our little visit...minus the pain infliction, crying brothers and hippie mom.

The highlight of the visit was at the end when the Dr asked me, "So, all boys. No girls at all???"

My reply, "Nope. Just 5 wonderful boys."

Tarin, the ultra sensitive, truthful, everything-must-be-perfect child chimes in....

"Well. We did have Lily. But we sold her."

The look on her face registered, in an instant, what she was thinking:

"Hippie Mom. Homeschool. No shots. No doctors. They have SOLD a kid!!!!!!"

I immediately set the record straight. "Lily was OUR DOG."

She put her hand over her heart (no kidding) and said, "You do not know how glad I am to hear that Lily is a dog!"

We had a good laugh.

Apparently 'our kind' of people are capable of anything.



6 comments:

Angela said...

Did I miss a post? I didn't realize Lily had been sold to the circus (or away from the circus...ha!). What happened to Lily??????

Tiffany said...

Ummmm, that tid bit of information may or may not have been selectively...withdawn...from the public posts.

It was not a fun experience and one that we continually try and forget.

She did not die.

We gave her away.

Which to a child is worse.

So one day I will be paying for therapy for the boys because I got rid of the dog.

But it was either me or the dog...and being pregnant at the time, Josiah had to choose me :)

So every now and again (in public places like the doctors office) one of the kids brings up Lily and inevitably someone bursts into tears and hysterically recants the whole experience and how we need to get her back.

I told you it was awful.

Christine said...

We had to get rid of our dog, Gracie, at the beginning of 2008. She was annoying! But we tried to keep her for 9 months. Enough was enough. She was too demanding. We changed her name to Pickle, because she was most undeserving of the name "Grace".We took her back to the no-kill shelter, where we got her. What a relief. I guess I am a people person, not a pet-person. ;)

Anonymous said...

You didn't happen to mention to the doctor you were a Christian, too, did you? That's the one that always sends our docs over the edge. And the no-vax thing. Our office is probably going to kick us to the curb if we don't let them give Gretchen a shot at her 4 month visit next week. We shall see. Still praying about it.

Anonymous said...

This story is a classic!

Tiffany said...

annie,
if you have any lingering questions or are still research vaccines then WAIT. there is no harm in delaying the shots till you feel comfortable and make a final decision. besides, the longer you wait the better it is for her little immune system. :)