CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Obama and Abortion

I am fairly confident that anyone who knows me knows I am very pro-life. Against abortion. It is murder.

The following video is an excerpt from an interview on FoxNews. The lady in the video is named Gianna, and 31 years ago her mother chose to 'end her pregnancy' at 30 weeks. In this type of abortion the baby is burned with saline until dead, then labor is induced and the mom has her dead child.
In Giana's case, her mother underwent this 'procedure' and after 18 hours gave birth...to a live, screaming baby girl. Ginana. She survived!
I read her book years ago and was amazed at her story. I have since learned that babies survive abortion pretty regularly...regularly enough to have laws in place for when it happens.
These laws typically call for action to be taken to ensure this baby survives if born alive after a 'botched' abortion.
And some of these laws state that the baby NOT be given care. Allowed to die.
Even many pro-choice people agree that not taking measures to help the baby is infanticide...although my question is...how come it is okay to kill a baby inside the mom...with only a few layers of skin and muscle between the baby and the world...but after it is born it is not okay?
Anyway, that is another post in itself.

Obama voted 4 times to allow the baby born alive to be killed.

Yes, the wording was changed a few times, but the gist is that he thinks it is okay. He is apparently afraid that allowing a doctor or nurse to give care to this child would lead to eventually overthrowing Roe vs Wade.
Naturally we should just kill the baby instead. That way women can make 'sad choices' without having to think about it (ha) or rethink their 'choice' or have it effect them in any way.





Might I add that I have been working with pregnant mothers for 11 years. During the beginning I was shocked at the number of women who had at one time or another gotten an abortion. I am not shocked anymore, but I now see a very different side to the whole issue that most people do not see.

These women regret it.

They have guilt.
A LOT of guilt.

That guilt causes them much fear during the next pregnancies...the ones they 'want'.

This guilt and regret can inhibit labor. Birth. Bonding. Their life.

I have seen it for years now and that is the side of the issue that is never discussed.
The dirty little secret of abortion is that the mom KNOWS she is killing her child.

Unforgivable?

Never.

God forgives and restores LIFE. Blessings. His mercy is new every morning!
But let's not continue to hide our head in the sand with this issue. It is not just about a mothers right...it is about the baby's right as well. It's right to live.

1 comments:

Audrey B said...

WOW!! I had no idea about any of this. I am sick to my stomach that this it is even a possibility that babies can be born alive and not given proper medical care. I am going to look into this more, but just even the bill that he read on the air about the baby must be basically breathing on it's own to sustain life? HELLO!!! How many babies do we all know that have spent their first hours in the NICU due to breathing problems? I guess we should not provide them medical care b/c they can't breathe on their own?!?!?! I am disgusted. And so thankful that our next president wont support murder.