CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 01, 2008

Labor Day Meme

Happy Labor Day!


In honor of Labor Day, a bunch of bloggin mamas have been recording their own 'labor' stats and posting their blog on THIS site.

Such fun! Although I have posted my birth stories before, they are quite long and really I am the only one who enjoys reading them  :)

So, in a nutshell........(and you mamas do not forget to post your stats and put your own link in!!!)

How long were your labors?

baby #1.  44 hours on the dot
baby #2. 23 hours
baby #3. 24 hours
baby #4. 26 hours
baby #5. 15 hours

How did you know when you were in labor?

#1. awoke at 4:30 a.m. contracting
#2. waters began leaking
 #3. waters began leaking while watching Pres. Clinton give the State of the Union address
#4. bloody show, contractions
#5. back labor contractions from the start


Where did you deliver?

#1. In a birthpool in the kitchen
#2. in a birthpool in the living room
#3. In a birthpool in the same living room
#4. In a birth pool in a different living room
#5. In a birthpool in my bedroom...in Colorado

Drugs?

Nope. I wanted to experience every second. You only get to do it a few times in life and I did not want to give that up.


C-Section?

Almost with #1. Had I been in a hospital I would have a scared uterus and most likely less children. Thankfully I had a wonderful, patient midwife who supported me all 44 hours!


Who delivered?

ME.  :)
We hired a midwife to be there for safety and encouragement...and my hubby was great support...and I had friends/family there as well. But I BIRTHED MY BABIES with only the Lord's help. No one delivered me!

As a closing thought...last Labor Day I was in Texas with my dear Noelle as she gave birth (in her living room) to her #3 Findlay Carter Griggs.
So here is a  shout out to my Noelle, Jon, the girls and Fin....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  :)

2 comments:

Christine said...

Hey girl! I was so hoping that you would participate in this! So much fun!

Kama said...

Sounds like pretty interesting births!! I also have a friend who delivered at home, although I plan to be at the hospital. I am due in less than 4 weeks, so I've enjoyed (mostly) reading the stories of everyone from RIMD. My friends are also giving me some advice on our blog thanks to "labor" day. Thanks for sharing!!