CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 11, 2008

my 30th birthday


August 10th is a very special day in history...it is the day that I was born  :)  
(to corny? sorry)

This year my birthday began a day prior...when I was treated to a hot volcanic stone massage and a Shirodhara scalp massage at a day spa.
Ummm...YEAH BABY. Hello 30's!

Yesterday my hubby took me to breakfast and then watched all the kids while I went to church...ALONE. (for a mom of 5 sons this is a large privilege). No cooking. No dressing the kids. No refereeing in church.
Just me and God  :)

After church my mommy took me out to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. We had a wonderful time...not to mention a delicious salmon.

Afterwards the boyz wanted to take me somewhere special...so we loaded up and went to play Laser Tag! It was actually a ton of fun and a great workout  :)

Then...NAP TIME. OH YES. Again...a rare privilege around here! I slept for 2 hours. It was fantastic.

Josiah made dinner for the whole family (his famous spaghetti and meatballs) and we all watched the Olympics. The kids are really into them this year and we had a blast seeing the men's swimteam win the gold in the relay...after the Frenchies were talking trash about us. HA! (oops...pride...)

In the midst of the Olympics we did icecream and cake...my favorite...carrot cake!

It was a wonderful, relaxing, fun weekend and a great way to usher in the next decade.



laser tag





My birthday cake...with an OVER THE HILL candle.
WHATEVER!




Me...upon seeing the candle.
WHATEVER.





Two parents, both over 30!!!




Oh yeah...I dyed my hair R-E-D  :)




My Mama and my Laz. Look closely and you can see his new top teeth!




Ethan and Kell. Ethan is saying, "The beach is THAT WAY"   :)





Our beautiful Tarin





Laz waving at me...his new thing is waving ALL the time. It is precious!




the king...Presley Solomon...the king of cake








the whole family








Mommy and Tarin






My beautiful mother and I








Isn't she gorgeous? I have great genes  :)








Lazzzzzz









Trying to grab the camera. my attempt at an "artsy" shot. YEAH.

7 comments:

The Steele Quiver said...

Happy birthday again girly, sounds like you had a great day! Really like the hair...I just cut bangs...I always do something different right after I have a baby!

Angela said...

Well, if 30 is over the hill...I guess I should be getting senior citizen discounts! Good grief! Happy Birthday Tiff...I loved my 30's as I'm sure you will too. Love the family shot...all those smiling faces and toes and then...two white socks! A classic shot to be sure! I know, I notice weird things. And that Laz...always with a smile. What a cutie! Red is fun! Looks great!

Tiffany said...

Angela,
Hey, I did not think 30 was "over the hill" at all...which is why I was shocked to see that candle! The fam loves me so much, can ya tell?! :)

melissa,
Yes, I do the same thing! I have some pretty funky pictures from my first two babies and my hair. YIKES.

Tiffany said...

Oh....and during that picture I told Josiah that he had to take off his socks! It drove me nuts! But he is such a man and said that no one would notice. RIIIIGHT.

amy v said...

That's so funny, besides how beautiful your family is, the first thing I noticed was the socks :)You've come a long way from those days at the DTC :) Hallelujah that life is far, far, far in the past!! Happy, happy birthday, and welcome to the 30's. It's actually not that bad...oh, and the red is too cute.

Tiffany said...

yes, it now seems that the socks will go down in flamm history!

the DTC, hu. i had -tried very hard- to forget! :)

on facebook they have an iblp/ati "survivor" group. after reading some of the entries i decided not to join...however, i found it amusing.

Hollie said...

Happy Birthday!!! a few days late....
Welcome to the 30th's. I'm still having a hard time with it since December!!