CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 16, 2007

10 Years ago today......

WOW.

It has been a decade since my first birth. I feel so OLD!!!!

10 Years ago today I was in labor with my sweet Ethan. And at this moment (1:23 p.m.) I had already been in labor for 33 hours and I still had another 11 hours to go.
Yeah, I know...crazy!!! But seeing as it was one of the best experiences of my life and that it was worth every single contraction...I have fond memories.
Ethan was born on the 17th (tomorrow) at 12:37 a.m. after 44 hours of back labor. He was born at my moms house in her kitchen...in a big pool of lovely warm water. And my little Ethan...was 10 pounds! That idiot doc that told me I was just "to small to have a baby over 7 lbs" was...well, WRONG. Thankfully the Lord had made other plans :)

Anyway, that is his birth in a small nutshell ("Help! I'm in a nutshell!") We will have a family party tomorrow night with the grandparents on both sides and great grandparents. Ethan chose to have a day at Six Flags with friends this year instead of a "friend party"....he had a blast on his first roller coasters!

Wow...a decade...

Let's not discuss what is ahead of us in the coming decade.....yikes.

Below is my Ethan as he is today...handsome devil :) And Pres had to get in on the action as well....











1 comments:

The Griggs Gallery said...

You are old girlfriend.