CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Saturday

Today was a wild and crazy day.

First off, it was the first race of the season for Josiah! For those who don't know, Josiah caught "the bug" last year for racing. He did a triathlon last summer and really enjoyed it...so this year, he has signed up for 10 races...all ranging in difficulty. Today was an easy 5K. Or so it seemed....

The race was to begin at 9:30 a.m. Well.....sort of. Josiah had told me the night before that the race was at 9 a.m....and then this morning he said 9:30 a.m. So being the supportive, submissive and meek wife that I am....I took his word for it. Ha. We got there at 9 a.m. on the dot. And heard the announcer counting down... "15 seconds......10 seconds....." OOPS. It DID start at 9 a.m....and Josiah had not even registered or gotten his number yet. So he R-A-N to the registration booth (1/2 a mile away)...registered (the race had now started) and R-A-N to the starting line...and R-A-N the race. Not a good way to start. He was the VERY LAST person to start the race! Thankfully, they time each person so it really does not matter when or where you begin.
So he ran the race and did very well. There were a few hundred people running it so we will see what his times were in comparison in a few days.

After the race we went home and got the kids ready for Bella's birthday party. In the meantime, I went to REI to spend my year-end dividend! YEAH BABY! I got the coolest pair of Chacos for basically FREE. I am so very happy! I have wanted a pair for quite some time but could NEVER justify spending $90 on them....so free was good :)

So then we went to the party...which was so fun for the kids. They had a blast. Poor Dawn is SOO SOO SOO very morning sick (all day really) but she was a trooper. On the way to the party, Kell rode with my mom. As they were walking towards her car he said, "It's just me and the ole girl." NO KIDDING. My mom about fell over laughing. Where do kids pick this stuff up? He apparently liked the laughter and attention from this seemingly innocent comment...so later on he climbed up in the porch swing with me and told me the same thing. Now all of a sudden that comment was NOT so funny :)

This evening we had our neighbors over after dinner for a kids movie and adults poker night. Our neighbors are SO great....they love the Lord, homeschool, bake bread, etc. so we all love hanging out. And our kids are best friends. So I halfway won the pot at the end...which means I kinda won the game (long story) so that makes me so very happy :)

Thus ends a long but fun day at the Flamm home....and tomorrow is another beautiful day here in Paradise!!!

0 comments: