CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Past Few Days........

......have been yucky. Crappy. Not fun.
Just venting here.

First off, for the first time in many loooong months, I actually took a nap. A NAP!!! I never get to take a nap....for 4 obvious reasons :) which is fine. I typically do not feel the need for one. But I needed one this day. I had an awful headache for I had been up all night the night before with a yacking kid. (you just have not lived till you are cleaning vomit off you, your floor and your kids floor/body/bed at 3 a.m.) So, I put Presley down for a nap....flipped on a video for the boys and went to bed....in the middle of the day!!! It was fantastic. At some point during my 2 hour nap (!!!!!) Josiah came home....and he made sure everyone tip-toed around so as not to awaken me. (he is a keeper) When I finally woke up, my headache was gone and I felt refreshed. Aaahhhh. I stretched lazily and took my time working my way back into reality. Eventually I began walking down the stairs where I was greeted so sweetly by everyone, "Hi Mommy! Did you sleep good?!" A chorus of sweet little men was a wonderful sound to my sleepy ears.
BAM! BAM! BAM!
What in the heckfire...?????
I was falling down the stairs.
*falling*
At the bottom of our 15 steps I gather my jumbled senses. I fell. And I was hurting (oh, THERE is that headache...). I sat on the bottom of the stairs....and cried. (now, if you know me, you know that I DO NOT cry. It is rare. I do not remember the last time I really cried -other than one glistening tear during a movie or something-). I was sobbing. My family raced to my aid...upset to see me fall down the stairs and to see me crying my eyes out.
So we all sat this way for....a good 15 minutes. Yeah. Me, bawling like a baby...Josiah, holding me...all 4 boys touching/petting me telling me it is going to be okay. Yeah, that made me cry even more. (they were all just so sweet! It is nice to know that you are loved)
So I look like I have been beaten. Seriously. I have numerous bruises all over my body...and since I fell the hardest directly on my tailbone (still better than when I cracked it snowboarding!) I have a HUGE bruise right there...which I only feel....allll the time. When I sit down, when I walk, when I move at all. I was kinda embarrassed to get into the hot tub at the gym last night for fear that someone would pull me aside and ask if my husband beat me. Yeah, I got over it....and the hot tub felt GREAT.

Speaking of the gym................I go workout everyday......................and I use their scale everyday. (I find this helps in keeping my ideal weight better cause I know immediately if the 5 cookies I ate the night before went to my rear-end). So...the scale. I have always been depressed about the weight shown...I hate it. It is just so.....heavy! (this is going somewhere, I promise)
Flashback to me falling down the stairs.
20 minutes later I get a phone call from my sweet friend Stephanie. Steph had come to work out with me the night before the fall and had noticed the scale seemed a bit "off" as well.
The call went like this:

Me: Hello?

Steph: I was right. The scale is off.

Me: REALLY? How do you know? How much?

Steph: I went to my weigh in today and my weight was a bit different than it was last night at the gym.

Me: HOW DIFFERENT?

Steph: 7 and a half pounds.

Me: -in shock- Am I really THAT FAT????

Steph: Nope. Lighter. 7 and a half pounds LIGHTER!!!!!!

Me: -beginning to cry again for joy- I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not that fat!!!!!!!!!!!

So ended that day of misery. I lost 7 and a half pounds in the course of a 60 second conversation. Bruises and all, I was one happy camper.


But my joy could not last forever......




......more bad news. A call from my dear friend Noelle. (If you read the last post, you know that Noelle is expecting a baby....a much prayed for and anticipated baby).
She is approaching a miscarriage. She has lost the baby. There are just no words for a woman that is losing her child. I myself have gone through it 3 times and yet I still am at a loss....Because I know how awful it is....how sad. Her family is devastated. Her husband is so sad. And so am I. Ultimately I am 100% sure that the Lord is in control and He has planned our ways....but it still makes me sad. I still feel hurt in my heart.



So pray for the Griggs family as they mourn the loss of their baby.


And I am turning off the ringer to my phone so that NO MORE bad news can arrive in my ear!!!
Thankfully we have a little snow here and that always lightens my mood....the world is glowing.
*sigh*
I wish I had some money to go shopping. Shopping always helps.

1 comments:

Audrey B said...

I am so sorry about your fall and your week with the sick boys. Hopefully this week will be better. I will be praying for Noelle and her family. That is so sad.