CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The past week

Random Flamm happenings:


We got a Christmas tree!
A bit of background...
My dear hubby is Mr. Winter Wonderland. He loves Christmas and likes all the lights, etc. He also likes having a GI-NOR-MOUS Christmas tree. We usually get a Fraiser Fur tree because they are so lush and full....but they are SO expensive to get a tall one. SO....at the tree place this week, Josiah decided to branch out (ha ha ha! get it?! branch?! ooohh...) and get a different type of tree. He said we need to sacrifice fullness for height. Okay, whatever.

Apparently I did not fully understand his meaning. By height he meant skyscraper.

So below is the tree we got....and of course the kids LOVE it.




Nice tree....to bad it is so tall it will not fit into the picture.




Our tree....lights are going halfway up because I cannot reach the top. Notice the 8 FOOT ladder being dwarfed.
Yeah.
Testosterone has no season...it is always present.

I also noticed that our tree resembles an anchor. Yes, an anchor. Skinny at the top and full at the bottom.

Or maybe a tree out of the Grinch????

I will post some pictures (if and when) the tree decorations are complete.





Presley's words are SO cute. He begins most words with an "h" sound.

Example:
Hooperman=Superman
Howboy=Cowboy
Hoe=snow

So the other day as I was (for the 17th time) attempting to potty train, I told him he would get a surprise if he went potty.
(setting: he is sitting on the potty as we are talking)
He says, "A hurprise?!"
"Yes!" I respond. "What surprise would you like?" (thinking that bribery might work...)
"I want a heatbal."
*pause*
Me, "You want a meatball as your surprise?"
Presley, "Yes. A heatball."

Needless to say, he did not go potty and he did not get his heatball.
And speaking of mispronunciations....

Ethan asked me the other day what a "whore" was.
It went something like this....................

E, "Mom, what is a whore?"
Me, "Uummm, excuse me? A whore? Where did you hear that?"
E, "From a movie. "Curious George" What is it, Mom?"
Me, (desperately thinking of something to say to 3 kids who know nothing of the birds and the bees...not to mention a "whore") "Ah, er, uuummm, wellllll.....it is a person who has bad morals."
E, "Morals? Like how?"
Me, "Well....aaaahhhhh *cough, cough* you see, * sniff sniff*....I do not remember that word being in Curious George!!!" (beating around the bush....)
E, "Yeah Mom. It says, "the horror of it all!" in Curious George. I was just wondering what whore meant."
-At this moment I am dying. So I almost had to explain the meaning of "whore" to my 9, 6 and 5 year old....for nothing. I am eternally grateful at this point for decided to skirt the issue and not answer the question.
I did tell him the meaning of horror. And he did not ever ask again what I meant about an immoral person.
~WHEW~



Well, that is all for now. I will leave y'all with this little bit of information:

The very large, lazy snowflakes are falling to the ground as we prepare to launch ourselves to the top of our tree to complete the decor. Aaahh....

And....

My very good gal pal, Noelle, is pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am stoked :) August is the month....a day before my own dear birthday. Could that child have picked a better time to make an entrance?!

1 comments:

Nathan White said...

Can't wait to see it! We're really looking forward to coming out there...

-Nate