CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 03, 2006

Adventures in Babysitting

Josiah's birthday is on Sunday.
He will be accepting gifts till the end of the month :)

He and I went out last night for the birthday date....dinner and a movie. Carrabba's (umm, the BEST salmon ever!) and "The Prestige"...good flick.

Our babysitter is a gal from our church named Noren. (cool name)
There is that slight desire to have well behaved kids because:
A. Her dad is a former pastor
B. She is a homeschooler from the church
C. I want her to come back another time

So on the way to our house from picking her up. Kellen and I are talking. I am asking him if he plans to obey Miss Noren while daddy and I are on our date....

Me: "Kell.....I hope you plan to obey while we are gone."

Kell: (pause)..............................."Yes"

Me: "Umm, I hope you are sure about that!"

Kell: "I was about to say a REALLY bad word but I changed my mind"

Me: "Oh really. What word was that?"

Kell: "A REALLY bad word, Mom....but I decided not to say it"

Me: "Well, what word was it?" (hoping Noren wasn't taking notes...)

Kell: "It started with a D."

Me: (*mortified* and wondering where he heard that word) "What?!"

Kell: "I was going to say DUH but I know it is a VERY mean word so I did not say it. It means you are stupid so I did not say it."

Me: (completely relieved) "You were right Kell, not to say that word. It IS a very bad and mean word"

Only the first of many close calls that night.............................here's to praying she will return another time! :)

0 comments: