CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A Free Day


Yesterday was the boys first day at their homeschool co-op classes. The three older boys go for "extra" classes like art, drama and science experiments (which, for the record, I am NOT going to do with them. I will pay someone else to dissect things with the kids to further their education (???) but I am not capable of doing that at home). They go once a week on Mondays.

I was a nervous wreck.

I am not a "drop my kids off and drive away singing" type of mom. How many years has it been since I only had one kid to care for....ALL day long? What do moms of one kid DO all day?????? I can conjure up images in my mind of when I had only one child....nope. Can't. It was to long ago.

But yesterday I had a glimpse into that past life. I only had Presley from 8:30 a.m. till 3:15 p.m....and he had the nerve to NAP for 3 1/2 hours of that time! Gee, there is only so much I can do for a day by myself. Until nap time he did follow me around wining and hanging on my leg till I would pick him up....poor kid was bored out of his mind with no siblings here. Gee....where are my 3 babysitters?! (totally kidding....)

After the house was sparkling clean from top to bottom I basically sat. I called friends to stay busy. I turned on the stereo to interfere with the images in my head of my poor, defenseless kids (well, not Kell) in this huge church all alone...being bullied...being indoctrinated by government officials (okay, I am going to far...but unfortunately I have a vivid imagination).

Needless to say, I was glad when the time came to pick them up.

And they had a good time. Tarin hated it, Kell enjoyed it and Ethan loved it. So far, so normal.

Next week??? I fear the only thing that will ease my troubled mind and release the grip of bordom that was upon me is.......................................Shopping :)

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

The jackets were because it was in the a.m. that we left and the mornings are a tad cool now...about 50 degrees. But the daytimes still warm up to the mid 70's, which is *perfect*...the windows are open all day with a breeze in the curtains....aaahhhh. :) I just sit on my front porch and enjoy the beautiful weather.and no bugs. and the smell of rain on some afternoons. and the nice breeze and the sound of my wind chimes. and my kids screaming....oops, gotta run :)

Annieee said...

Can't dissect?? But you can deliver babies, cut cords, catch placentas....just not dissect?? What kind of whimpy kid did I raise???
~love, mommmmmmm

Tiffany said...

Yeah, I know. Crazy.
Kinda like the fact that I can naturally birth a 10 1/2 pound baby but I CANNOT go to the dentist office without massive medication.

Luci1 said...

Tiffany,
It's a control thing. You're in control of the birth process a whole lot more than you are of the guy whose fingers are tickling your teeth!

Thanks for the email reply about baby David...am taking the suggestions...sorry I never replied back.

Take care,
Luci
PS I wish you'd enlighten us newbie homeschool moms what you like and don't like in regards to curriculum and schedule choices.