CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Tarin Tarin Bo-Barin...

This morning, I thought I was being such a good mom (oh, watch out!). I was making muffins, bread and cinnamon roles for the weekend. Keeping up that supermom facade by baking :)
Little did I know....my Tarin Bo-Barin was upstairs shaving his hair. Yes, you read correctly. My 4 year old got Josiah's electric razor and shaved one half of his head. As he came in the kitchen to show me, I freaked. In a loud voice, I asked (for the love of Mike...) what on earth he was thinking. He answered, very calm and matter of fact, "Mom. I am being a soldier." Oh. Is that all? Well duh, I should have known. It makes perfect sense! You are being a soldier.

It was just physically painful to shave the remainder of his hair. I mean. his hair is pretty! Thick, curly and blonde....no longer. He looks like a poor little cancer-wrought child. Tarin is, of course, thrilled with the new look. He saw himself in the mirror and exclaimed, "Am I a soldier...or am I Bretton?!" (Bretton is my friends son who gets the "high and tight" Air Force haircut from his daddy. I cannot believe Tarin remembered that!!) Needless to say, I am upset, Tarin is happy and Ethan and Kellen are traumatized by their "new" brother.

Below is a picture diary of the events as they unfolded. Enjoy my pain! :)



Tarin, Just a few days ago.




One half of his hair (or lack of)



Shaving the remainder of his hair.


Almost done.....you can see that my razor does not even cut as close as Josiah's did!!!


Just had to show off those baby blues :)


Tarin, very happy with the outcome. (sniff sniff)


5 comments:

Nathan White said...

My gosh, its amazing you don't have to shave his face as old as he is getting! Has it really been that long since I've seen him? Hmm, June, July, August, September, October....Yep, I guess so :(

Tiffany said...

Hey....feel free to come visit....or better yet, MOVE out here! College is just as hard out here...but it is just SO much prettier :)

Anonymous said...

tiff, oh no, not those gorgeous locks. i am so on your side -- not a crew cut fan (esp. in winter, come on tarin, be a SUMMER solider!) anyhow, i LOVE your blogspot, it's really great. when do you find the time??? it sure makes me long for a visit out west... colorado is the only place i know that can snow 10inches one day and be sunny and high 60s the next. (went for spring break in college and got to ski AND get a tan, amazing!) take care, mEg

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! I am just waiting for the day that Emma does something like that .... although I think it will be even more traumatic to have to shave my beautiful little girls super long locks! Kids do the CRAZIEST things.

Alicia Benton

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness....if I had a daughter and she shaved her head, I think I would go in mourning!