CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

the camera

Things could be worse, I admit.
But I am still bummed!!!!
Not only am I sick (flu? bronchitis?) but also one of my most fond possessions is broken.


My camera.


I take it EVERYWHERE. I am known as a picture freak...and yes, I admit that I am. I do not want to miss a moment of the boy’s life!


So now, it is gone. The first digital camera I ever owned....the one Josiah bought for me years ago on Mothers Day....the one that has photographed every major event in our life....is gone.

Well, not really "gone".......broken. Cracked. Unrepairable.

How???? Well, I will tell ya!

About a week ago I decided that I needed to document the strange things that I find all over the place. You know, odd things that the kids do and I find, thinking, "what in the heckfire is that?"

I had just found the ice/windshield scraper in the toilet.
So I took a picture. (you will see this strange compilation of photos on the blog in a few weeks)

As I was turning to walk out of the bathroom, the momentum apparently flung the camera from my grip...and across the room against the wall and subsequent wooden floor.
It cracked the case around the lens and bent the lens inside of itself.

I was very attached to my little camera, so this has been difficult for me. However, not one to dauttle, I have been researching cameras for days now. AND I AM SO CONFUSED!!! This is insane. There are far to many choices and far to many opinions and far to many reviews for one to make a wise decision.

So here is the question: Does anyone have any camera wisdom to pass along????????? I just want a very small, 7x optical zoom (or more), IS, cute (style over substance??? NO!), 7mp camera. Is that too much to ask? I have kinda narrowed it down to a Canon or a Panasonic.
Any ideas?
Do you have a camera that you LOVE?

Let me know ASAP!!! We are going skiing in Beaver Creek on Thursday and Friday and I need it before then!!!!!!! :)

6 comments:

Angela said...

Tiff,

Can't tell you which one to buy, but...www.cnet.com gives great reviews on all electronic stuff and sometimes even has a little video that tells you the pros and cons. Just type in the model #. I also research anything I buy with Amazon. I like to read the "real consumer" reviews. They tell you what works and definitely what doesn't. Hope that helps. My sympathies for your loss. I do understand the attachment. Good Luck.

Angela

Angela said...

P.S. I found a spatula in my bed. Don't you love boys?

Angela

Anonymous said...

I can tell you, having purchased (replacing my first digital camera) my second camera almost a year ago, that it is wise to get the same brand of camera that you had before for the simple fact of keeping your memory card.... unless you don't mind paying to upgrade the one you have and/or not being able to use it again. I had a Fuji the first time out and had sprung for the bigger card (the one that came with it held like 8 pictures), so not wanting to have to shell out the $$ for the bigger card again, I got another Fuji that uses the same card. Granted, the better quality of the new camera lessened the number of pictures the card now holds, but it's still a lot better than having to buy a new one.

Hope this helps.

Tiffany said...

Angela,
I loved that site...thanks!!! I also read the real people reviews on Amazon...i LOVE Amazon...just ask hubby :)
And the spatula in the bed is classic....take pictures!!!

Anne,
I agree with you. I really loved my Canon and would like to have another one. However, it was SO old that the memory card probably will not fit in anything else. It would not even go into our printer....but I will ask around! That is a good idea.

Audrey B said...

I don't know if you've gotten one or not but we got one for Christmas that we love. It's a Canon Power Shot A630. It's kind of a middle of the road. We had a Sony before and I didn't like it at all but it was a bottom of the line.

Tiffany said...

OKay, I got one........
the Canon PowerShot 800is.
I went to several stores and tried out the ones I was deciding between and loved that one the most. All the reviews were great plus ot fits in my pocket!!!
I actually bought it online for WAY cheaper than retail, so I feel I got a fantastic deal. :)
I will post the first pictures soon.....
Thanks for the help!!!!!!