CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

As you know, I got a new camera a few weeks ago!!! So far I LOVE it. I have been meaning to post the first picture I took with it...see below.....















:D





Yepper, we are having #5! The whole family is so excited...and although I feel pretty icky, I am so happy. This poor kid will be born right around Christmas!!!!!! Oh well....what a beautiful gift we will get!!!

Let me quote a paragraph from a book I just read called ""Stepping Heavenward". It is a fantastic book that I devoured in a day.......

A sister-in-law is speaking to a woman that just found out she is expecting another baby...told from the woman's standpoint:


"She says I shall now have one mouth the more to fill, and two feet the more to shoe; more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure for visiting, reading, music and drawing.

Well! This is one side of the story, but I look at the other. Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about. Here is a soul to train for God, and the body in which it dwells is worthy all it will cost, since it is in the abode of a Kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ’s name, I make willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other darlings have left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome in your mothers heart, welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her life-long prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, how wondrously blest!!!!!"

This is a picture of how I feel in my heart...the joy this baby will be. What an honor and a privilege the Lord has given our family to allow us to be rewarded with this child. :)

13 comments:

Jo said...

I have been following your blog for a while, and I just had to say Congratulations. I can't wait to see how this pregnancy progresses. I work in a hospital and I see a MILLION c-sections. People don't realize how hard those things are on the baby. Bravo to you for all of your encouragement to other women about birth!

Audrey B said...

I am so happy for you guys!! We are of course thinking of a Flamm girl, how can we not with all the hormones going on over here!?!?! We love you guys and I hope you feel better. I know you have a tough time with the sickness. Weren't you due around the same time with Pres? Madison's due date was Christmas Eve and I am thinking he was born shortly after her.

BTW, I absolutely LOVE Stepping Heavenward, in fact I need to pull it out. It's been a while since I have read it.

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome!! Congratulations. I have been praying for a baby (#3 for me) myself, as Audrey can tell you. I have baby fever... bad. And each month that passes without an answer makes it even worse!! Maybe soon. It's up to the Lord.

I am wondering what you will do with a girl... I'm sure you'll figure it out if that's what happens. They are wonderful!!

God bless!

Tiffany said...

Jo,
Nice to meet you! :) My siser-in-law lives in Riverside. And the alarming C section rate upsets me greatly...not just for the moms, but for the babies that miss out on those early bonding moments with mom...and that cannot breathe at birth because they were ripped from the womb. (please forgive my overtly sacastic description...)

Audrey,
Feel free to send some estrogen this way!!!! Although I am thinking boy.....which is fine. Hey, who has 5 sons?!

Annie,
I hope to see an announcement from you soon :) And I would have NO PLACE to put a girl...unless she is okay sleeping in a cowboy room....

Jo said...

That isn't a sarcastic description AT ALL. In fact, that is exactly what happens. I am a respiratory therapist and I am the one who gets the baby breathing after a c-section. The are terrible to watch. The doctors literally cut a small hole in the mom, and each grab a side of her and then they lean back and just let her entire body rip open so the baby can come out. T-R-A-U-M-A-T-I-C!

Tiffany said...

I think the same thing about it being traumatic...but people think I am just a freak because am into natural birth and stuff....but it REALLY IS TERRIBLE!!! And I am all for a C section if is saves a baby's life...but just because a doctor is sleepy and wants to go home...or a doctor has a golf game or vacation...or it is a weekend...or mom is tired of being pregnant... is NOT a reason to have this happen.
And how come the C section rate is SO HIGH...higher than ever before in history...and there are not more lives saved? The mortality rate is the same? We still rank 25th in the developed world in infant death rates? There is NO justification.
*stepping off my soap box now*

:)

Glad to hear someone else agrees with me who is in the medical field and sees these things first hand.

leslie said...

Tiff! Ah! Congratulations! I am excited for you guys! I went to middle and highschool with a guy that had four brothers...neatest family ever. Actually, they had an amazingly awesome mom. She was always looking for one of the boys girlfriends to do random girly things with...I know you will do great with whatever the LORD blesses you with!

Congrats again!
Leslie

Unknown said...

Hey! I am so happy for you! I logged on to just check out your blog and see what was new...and what do I see?? That's SO amazing! Hopefully in a few yrs I can post a pregnancy test pic too! Keep us updated!
And I can't wait to hear an amazing birth story from ya! SO much better than what I usually see at work!

Timberlace Designs said...

Congrats Tiff.
So excited for you.
Love,
Jen

morganrenee said...

I'm so happy for you!! I'm hoping my baby fever subsides for at least a year so that David and I can be further along in school! I've really enjoyed our emails... thank you SO much for all of the information and advice!! I appreciate it more than you know!!
SOOOO happy for you!!! Keep us all updated on the pregnancy!!
Love you!
*morgan

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Tiffany and family and, most of all, CONGRATULATIONS! What an ingenious idea to post your expectancy! Honestly, though, I hoped that there would be a stick as I scrolled down!

Enjoy it all- praying the sickness ends quickly!

Rick and I are both excited for you!

Love,
Luci

Elaine said...

Congratulations Tiffany!
I know a woman who had 7 girls in a row... her 8th was a boy :)

Tiffany said...

Ummm, Elaine, let's not tell Josiah about that one..okay?! :) Doubt he would go for that! Ha!