CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day

Today was a wonderful day. Not only because ALL the attention was on me...or because I didn't have to do much of anything...but just because we spent the day together and we all had a great time.
Josiah got up early (what time? I have no idea) and got breakfast and took care of the kids while I slept...and I did not even wake up till 8:45 a.m. Let me repeat that.... 8:45 A.M.!!!!! In fact, we were pretty late to church, but hey, it was SO nice! Anyway, breakfast was made and the boys were all dressed, so I got to get ready IN SILENCE! Wow, what a concept.
After church we ate lunch here at the house and then headed up to Vail. We wanted to ride the gondola, however, it is closed until the end of May. We still got to walk around Vail and go in some really cute....and quite expensive...shops. Vail is very beautiful...cobblestone streets, boutiques...a river running through town. Picturesque.
After Vail we just HAD to stop in Breckenridge (since it was technically...sorta...on the way home) and walk around. While there we decided that it was just to late to come home for diner :) so we went to the Blue River Bistro. (ummm, massive-yummy Italian cuisine) unfortunately, they were booked with reservations (sniff, sniff) so we went to the Breck Brewery. We all had a burger and fries and lots of artichoke dip. :)
All in all, it was a relaxing, fun day. Thanks to Josiah for taking up all the slack left by me taking the day off!!! And my roses....Gorgeous. :)
Oh...did I mention that I was in a store in Vail and saw the 50% off rack (yeah baby!) and noticed a beautiful scarf that would go well with my coat for next year....and looking at the price I began to laugh hysterically....on sale...for $448!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha!!!












The boys and I by the river in Vail. Relaxing....




The boys....art imitating life.....




Notice they are hanging on a frog :)





Pres....stopping to smell the flowers.




The raging river of death!





They loved all the sculptures....especially the bears....





Another bear. This one is obviously perfect for riding on.





A covered bridge.




The boys on Friday. They decided to camp out on the trampoline....so they got out their sleeping bags and pillows and hung out on it all day. Literally! :)

0 comments: