CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Stories of the Day

Well, as you might imagine, having four little boys is quite a challenge. Along with the challenges, we also get lots of laughter. It seems that almost everyday I hear some story from the boys that is just too cute.

Last Sunday afternoon, Kellen and Tarin got in trouble and were sent to their rooms. When Josiah and I got up there to talk about the disobedience, we found a HUGE mess. They had taken all the clothes out of their drawers, all the clothes out of their closet, as well as all the toys. After the initial shock wore off, I asked what in the world they were doing. With all seriousness...and a little "duh" attitude, Tarin said, "MOM. We HAVE to take all our stuff with us because we are running away." dumbfounded, I was. "You are NOT allowed to run away!" I replied...still in shock. Kellen assured me, "We are only running away to the computer room, Mom!" (the computer room is across the hall from their bedroom. A total of two steps away.) Needless to say, we had quite a talk about the whole mess/running away thing. (they "heard" about running away on the Brady Bunch!!!) So they spend the afternoon cleaning their clothes, toys, books and other odd items collected for the trip. (like their toothbrush holder. Not the toothbrush...just the holder)

Today, the three older boys were playing "G.I. Joe" in the basement. I hear a big commotion and then Ethan yelling. I call them up here, and Ethan tells me that Tarin has knocked over his G.I. Joe house. Looking at Tarin, I asked what is going on. He replies (again, in a "duh" attitude), "MOM. I am a hurricane."

0 comments: