CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Pictures and dialog of the birth

I went to Texas with my mom, Tarin and Presley to be at Noelle's birth. She was "due" on September 6th...and has been late with her other babies. However, God had something else in mind this timme....an early baby and a fast labor!!
Here are some of the photos from the trip and of the birth. Not to worry...very modest :)










Thursday before the birth...at the chiropractors getting adjusted. Look at that beautiful belly!!!! Noelle carried this baby so differently than the girls...it must be a boy...



Friday before the birth...at the lake. My kids were not to certain about swimming in lake water (they are so spoiled) but they had fun nonetheless.



Once Tarin got used to it he had a great time!




Noelle at the lake. She swam and we layed on floats for hours....it was nice....except for the dirty lake water. I am so spoiled.



We hung out on Saturday evening and I stopped by on Sunday evening and Noelle was fine. We went to a movie (Nanny Diaries...not my favorite), ate and just hung out.
On Monday morning about 5 a.m. Noelle called and said she had been havinng some contractions. She was not sure if this was "it", but wanted to let me know. I said that I would come on over and if things stopped I could just go back to bed at her house.

I arrived at her house at 6:15 a.m. She was having very strong, regular contractions and her water had broken. YEP! This was it!!!!!!
It soon became apparent to all in the house that this labor would be fast...much faster than the girls births. She was vomiting during contractions and snapping at people. Snappy laboring moms are good!!!!!!


Noelle and Jon were laboring on the couch for a while.




Noelle commented that there is NO WAY she could do this for another 6 or 7 hours. We all assured her that this birth would not take that long. She said that around 7 a.m. and the baby was born at 9 a.m. SO cool!






Noelle got adjusted and it really helped her contractions be more regular. I personally LOVED being adjusted in labor.


Okay, time for the pool!



OOOOHHH.....so so so much better!



Brennah did so well helping her mom.



Maggie liked helping but she was just so excited that she would go in at out of the room....saying, "When is the baby coming???!!!!"




Brennah telling her mom that she is doing so well. (future midwife!!!!)




Can anyone say TRANSITION????????? I know this feeling...ick. Good thing is that the baby was born just minutes later.




Okay, time to push. Noelle, you can do it!!!
(it was so cool...Noelle did not have ANY internal exams for her entire labor or birth. How nice is that?! Gotta love those midwives!)


Now I know that there are a lot of pictures missing from the last picture to the next picture...but I TRIED to edit them to be appropriate for the internet and my edit program refused to save my edits so I had to cut those picture out. But take my word for it...they are beautiful pictures! Noelle gives birth to her baby and she pulls him up onto her chest...Jon is sitting behind her and is SO PROUD to see that he has a son!!!!



Noelle meeting her new son.



Jon is so happy to have a little boy....I think he has already purchased the baby's first mountain bike. :)



Brennah saying hello to her brother.


After Noelle got out of the birth pool the midwives made her an herbal bath in her tub. The herbs smell SO SO SO good and are healiling for mom and very relaxing for her and the baby.



AAWW....such a little man!




Jon is just on cloud nine. I think he said the words, "My son" and "My boy" at least 7,891 times in the few hours after the birth. It was so wonderful to watch!!!



Look at that little hiney!!!



Baby exam....measuring that 14 inch head. Wow! And Noelle had no tearing, praise the Lord! God obviously knows what He is doing...and made us moms PERFECT for having babies.



Little Findlay Carter weighs 9 pounds and 11 ounces. What a strapping young lad!




When he was a few hours old I got to hold him....what a SWEET HEART!!!!! I just could not put him down...I cannot wait to hold my own little baby!!!



Jon dressed Fin for the first time in a onesie that says, "I am not a girl" :)



Brennah holding her little brother.



Maggie's turn...



Presley was pretty excited about the baby as well. He keeps asking when our baby is coming out :)



Noelle and I...best friends...future in-laws :) I must have a girl to marry Fin...or a boy to be his best friend :)



Little Fin on day 2. His birth swelling has gone down and he is ADORABLE. I cannot believe it will be another 3 months till I see him again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your friend...looking forward to your birth story too. Andrew, our oldest saw the pics and he said, "that baby looks kinda slimy!"

I think he picked that particular adjective b/c I just described the boiled peanuts we had at lunch is being extra slimy!

Funny! Enjoy all the baby kicks!
Luci

Unknown said...

Tiff,
Thanks so much for posting the birth pics and story. I know i've said this before, but it is SO refreshing getting to hear such great home birth stories!! You renew my faith in women and what their bodies were made to do everytime I see one your birth stories! I need this, doing clinical in a hospital setting....SUCH a different world! I hope your pregnancy is going well too!! :-)

Tiffany said...

Luci,
Ha! Kinds say the craziest things :)

Krystal,
I know, I know....even a good hospital birth is NOTHING compared to a homebirth. Honestly, I realy do feel sorry for moms who miss out on having a homebirth experience. I have seen the difference and it makes me sad when a mom cannot have the best of the best when having her baby. It is night and day. It is something I would hope for for every mother and father!!!!