CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 12, 2006

A Beautiful Day For A Bike Ride

Yesterday my Daddy flew in from Atlanta (home of humidity) for a week-long visit. YEAH!!! We have not seen him since last Christmas, so his visit has been much anticipated.
After a leisurely day, I put the kiddos to bed and Josiah and Dad ran some errands. Low and behold, they came home with....



....a brand spanking new bike for M-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not had a bike since my wedded bliss took place (over 10 years) so I was VERY surprised and SO SO SO excited. I am admittedly sick of running after the boys as they fly down the trails. Now I can have them eat my dust. :)








The boys at the airport waiting for Grandad. Each kid made a sign picture and they held them up as Dad came up the escalator.









Me and my new bike!!!! And my messy garage......







Ah, that is better. No messy garage. And yes, I do wear a helmet. However, I look like a nerd (and a male since my recent hair choppage) so I choose only to wear it when actually moving on the bicycle.






Dad worked on everyone's bike to make then ship-shape.







He fixed any air leak that might have been there or occurred in the future :) oiled all chains, adjusted seats...etc.
Thanks Dad!!!!

2 comments:

aglen said...

Now all you need is a bike trailer to pull Presley in right? My girls love the bike trailer!!

Tiffany said...

I am kicking myself right now because I saw so many of those trailers at garage sales allllll summer and did not buy one (cause I had no bike)....and now I would LOVE one! Oh well.....I will keep looking and see what I can find. I bet they are on sale right now seeing as how the winter is starting. We just got home from a long bike ride....but my dad kept an eye on Pres while I took my 3 oldest boys. What will I do when dad leaves?!?!?!